With Conference 2012 around the corner her are some of the changes suggested for the 2015 product recently reviled by Furuknap:
- Changes and an overhauled Client Object Model (COM), “making it easier for UI designers and front-end developers to build compelling visual interfaces.”
- The support a new app marketplace that will create an ecosystem for multitenant apps.
- A new badly needed Feature – a version for education and training called SharePoint Education.
- Offer added information rights management in SharePoint Foundation.
- New workflow looping in SharePoint Designer, eliminating the need for the Visual Studio development environment for that function.
- Provide authentication via O-Auth 2.0, an open standard that provides cross-platform authentication.
Another thing Microsoft is officially saying: SharePoint 15 will tie closely with the release of the next version of Office, code-named “Office 15,” and with a planned upgrade to Office 365. The cloud-based Microsoft Office 365 service offers online versions of SharePoint, Exchange and Lync now.